Meet The Members
Michael S. Thomas
Snare Drum & Founder C.F.O. - A 40 year veteran of Rudimental drumming, Mr. Thomas, originally from upstate New York, was awarded the John Phillips Sousa Award at the early age of seventeen. Growing up in the West point area allowed Mr. Thomas to study with “Hell Cat” Drummers such as Herold Green, John S. Pratt & Nick Anttinasio. Thomas went on to study music at both Berklee College of Music in Boston Mass & Long Island University C.W. Post Performing Arts Center.
After College Thomas performed & Instructed with the following Drum Lines & Fife & Drum Corps.:
- Cornwall Continentals Fife & Drum Corps 1978-1979
- Floral Park Marching Band (N.Y. Champions) 1984-1992
- Alexandria Royal Fife, Drum & Trumpet 1995-1997
- Fairfax County Sheriffs Pie & Drum Coalition 1999-2001
- Washington Redskins Marching Band & Drum Line 2005-2010
- Lt. George Carroll (World Renown Drummer) 2005-2010
- (Studied & Performed under Lt. Carroll)
- (Washington D.C. & Civil Air Patrol Band)
- Lt. Carroll was the "Original" Saint Augustine Drum Shop
Mr. Thomas has dedicated the re-establishment of Old City Drum Corps to his longtime Rudimental Drum instructor & mentor U.S. Army Veteran Master Drum Major George Carroll. The “Original” East Florida Fife & Drum and the start of the first “Night Watch” Parade”. Proud to have been trained under George Carroll. Sr. Drum Sgt. Thomas is honored and excited to share with you “The Corps” vision of the new Old City Drum Corps.